As of June 15th: Light Squared asked for an extension before their deadline was up and they were granted 2 more weeks – a final report is now due July 1st 2011.
As of June 10th: Light Squared testing so far has not bode well for them to prove that their Radio Frequency will not interfere with GPS. See this recent article New Light Squared Setback.
The article discusses that the FCC should focus its efforts on finding Light Squared a practical way to proceed.
Register here for the next Light Squared webinar hosted by GPS World magazine.
- Light Squared: What It Means To the GPS Surveying/Mapping Community
- Event Date: 06/23/2011 10:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time
Previous articles about Light Squared testing and the fight to SAVE OUR GPS.
- Space News: LightSquared Plan Poses Unacceptable Risk to GPS Service
- Massive interference: John Deere GPS and Light Squared Testing
- Light Squared Las Vegas Test Towers Flawed, FCC Filing Shows: Light Squared Las Vegas Test
- First Responders Find Light Squared Interference with Emergency Services, Public Safety: First Responders Testing and Light Squared
Stay tuned to see what the FCC rules on in coming weeks.