Download the lastest OS Revision for the Geo 6000 XT/XH: OS Revision “6.5.7 to 6.5.8”. Once on the Trimble Geo 6000 website click on the “Technical Support” tab if it is not already selected. Then click on “GeoExplorer 6000 series Downloads“.
The Release Notes are also in the same location as the download.
The 6.5.8 operating system update package resolves the following issues:
- Field transfer status reset. When a soft reset of the operating system is performed, the Trimble TerraSync™ software data file status no longer displays data files as Not transferred, even if they had been previously transferred.
- USB data transfer on some Microsoft® Windows® 7 computers. Attempts to connect the GeoExplorer handheld to a Windows 7 computer would sometimes result in a failed Microsoft ActiveSync® connection.
- Negative storage memory reported by file system. A negative value for the amount of available disk storage after multiple file uploads and downloads is no longer reported in error.
- Unable to connect to a brand new Windows 7 machine. USB connections to some desktop computers with Windows 7 installed could not be established at the first attempt.
Enhancements included in this update This 6.5.8 operating system update includes the following enhancements:
- Faster file system performance when appending data to the end of files.
- Enhanced user interface information on the Home screen when installing GNSS firmware updates.