There is a New GNSS Firmware for Trimble Geo Explorer 6000 – version 3.06.1 and it can be found on the download section of the Trimble Geo Explorer 6000 Support website.
Or it can be downloaded from this link: GeoExplorer 6000 series GNSS firmware update – version 3.06.1 (3848 KB)
Download this upgrade package to upgrade the GNSS Firmware of your GeoExplorer 6000 series GeoXT or GeoXH handheld to version 3.06.1. All users GeoExplorer 6000 series GeoXT and GeoXH handhelds should have the GNSS firmware upgraded to this latest version.
*Features: Features and issues resolved with this firmware version include:
- General improvements to GNSS processor resource handling to increase overall system performance.
- Improved accuracy of real-time accuracy estimates when using real-time MSAS corrections out of specified areas.
- Improved position logging stability when using external real-time corrections.
- An issue where some straight-line features exhibited small unexplained side-to-side deviations or a ‘sine-wave’ like pattern over time is resolved.
Installation: To upgrade your GeoExplorer 6000 series handheld:
1. Confirm your handheld requires this update. This upgrade is compatible with the GeoExplorer 6000 series GeoXT and GeoXH handhelds only. To check the current GNSS firmware version, on your handheld tap Start > Settings > System > System Information, then scroll to the GNSS tab. If the firmware version is 3.05.6 or lower, you can upgrade to this version.
2. Download the upgrade file to a location on your desktop computer.
3. Using ActiveSync technology or the Windows Mobile Device Center, copy the upgrade file to your handheld.
4. On the handheld, navigate to the file using File Explorer, then tap the file to run the update. Installing this update will require you to reboot your handheld.
**Remember to check your OS version too. The current OS as of 2012 for the Geo 6000 Series XT/XH is 6.5.9 and can be viewed and downloaded from this blog: Geo 6000 Series OS 6.5.9 Upgrade