You can lock Survey Styles to prevent them from being edited in the field. To do this:
- Use Microsoft ActiveSync technology to establish a connection between the controller and your office computer.
- Navigate to the [Mobile Device / My Windows Mobile-Based Device / Trimble Data / Systems Files] folder.
- Copy the required style file to your office computer.
- Select the file, right-click it and then select [Properties].
- From the [Properties / General] tab, select the [Read-only] check box.
- Tap OK.
- Copy the file back to the [Systems Files] folder on your controller.
Select Settings / Survey Styles and note the lock symbol to the left of the style name indicating that you cannot edit this style.
Note – A locked style will be updated to reflect any changes made during the auto-connect cycle when connecting to an instrument.