Trimble Positions Downloads and Install order for ArcGIS for Windows Mobile 10.1.1
Where to find ArcGIS for Windows Mobile download
- ArcGIS for Windows Mobile 10.1 can be downloaded from your Esri Customer Care porthole.
- A reminder to install the ESRI software first then install the Trimble Positions software and then activate it.
- ArcGIS for Windows Mobile Resources: ArcGIS for Windows Mobile HELP, ArcGIS Mobile Blog and Resources ArcGIS
- ArcGIS for Windows Mobile and Trimble Positions Webinar: “Collect High-Accuracy Data with ArcGIS for Windows Mobile”
Where to download files and Admin/User Guides:
- Trimble Positions Documentation including Release Notes, Admin Guides and User Guides can be found here: Trimble Positions Software Suite as of April 2013.
- Trimble Positions downloads for ArcGIS for Windows Mobile can be found here: Trimble Positions Software Suite downloads as of April 2013.
After ArcGIS 10.1 is installed then you can proceed to install the following software and activation in this order:
- ArcGIS for Windows Mobile 10.1.1
- Trimble Positions Desktop Add-In
- Run the Trimble Positions Desktop configuration: Click on Start/All Programs/Trimble/Trimble Positions Tools/Desktop Configuration. This will create a “Jet Database” to store project information.
- Launch ArcMap to verify that the Trimble Tool bar is active. If not then check under “Customize” Extensions.
- See the Trimble Positions Developers Blog for a video on how to install the Trimble Positions software for ArcGIS 10.1 Standard or Advanced desktop.
- Trimble Positions for ArcMobile does not work with ArcGIS Basic license.
On the Trimble Windows Mobile 6.1 or 6.5 Device:
- Deploy ArcGIS for Windows Mobile 10.1.1 to the Trimble device (running WM 6.1 or 6.5).
- Install the Trimble Positions Mobile Project Manager (for Desktop) found also in the same install splash screen for Trimble Positions for Mobile.
- Install Trimble Positions for Mobile and then Activate the license. Activation of the license is done via the PC. Click on Start/All Programs/Trimble/Trimble Positions for Mobile Extension/Trimble Positions for Mobile Extension License Configuration.
**** Once the install completed on the Trimble device verify that the following are installed via Active Sync, Windows Mobile Device Center (from the PC) or on the device in Remove Programs:
- ESRI ArcGIS (for Windows Mobile 10.1.1) it will be at the top of the list
- Trimble GNSSServer
- Trimble Postisions Mobile Extentsion 10.1.1.1