Trimble Positions Desktop Add-in 10.2.2.1 and Trimble Positions for ArcGIS for WM 10.2.0.2 – What New as of August 2014?
** Trimble Positions 10.2 for ArcGIS for Windows Mobile is supported on ArcGIS version 10.2 Standard or Advanced. There is no support for ArcGIS Basic License with Trimble Positions 10.2.
- Click here to view and download the Trimble MGIS Compatibility List as of August 14 2014
- Click here to view and download the Trimble Positions 10.2.2.1 Release Notes, Admin Guide and User Guide as of August 2014
Whats new in Trimble Positions 10.2.2.1 Desktop Add-in and Trimble Positions 10.2.0.2 for ArcGIS for Windows Mobile?
Click below on each link to learn more about whats new for Trimble Positions 10.2.2.1 August 2014 release. All 3 of these links are on the Trimble Positions Developers Blog
- Overview of whats new for Trimble Positions 10.2.2.1 for Desktop Add-in and Trimble Positions 10.2.0.2 for ArcGIS for Windows Mobile 10.2
*Support for precise feature heights.
*Support for ArcGIS Online hosted feature services (real-time only).
*Additional hardware support: Juno 5 Enhanced.
- More in-depth explanation of Heights in Mean Sea Level “MSL” format instead of Height above Ellipsoid “HAE”
- Antenna height handling in Trimble Positions 10.2.0.2 for ArcGIS for Windows Mobile 10.2
*A reminder to fully uninstall any older versions of Trimble Positions Desktop or for you GPS device as overwriting newer software is not supported.
Where to find ArcGIS for Windows Mobile 10.2 download:
- ArcGIS Desktop Standard and Advanced for Windows Mobile 10.2 can be downloaded from your Esri Customer Care porthole (log in with your customer ID).
- ArcGIS for Windows Mobile 10.2 can be downloaded from your Esri Customer Care porthole (log in with your customer ID).
- A reminder to install all ESRI software first then install the Trimble Positions software and then activate it.
- ArcGIS for Windows Mobile Resources: ArcGIS for Windows Mobile HELP, ArcGIS Mobile Blog and Resources ArcGIS
- ArcGIS for Windows Mobile and Trimble Positions Webinar: “Collect High-Accuracy Data with ArcGIS for Windows Mobile”
Where to download files and Admin/User Guides:
- Trimble Positions Documentation including Release Notes, Admin Guides and User Guides can be found here: Trimble Positions Software Suite Technical Support
- Trimble Positions downloads for ArcGIS for Windows Mobile can be found here: Trimble Positions Software Suite downloads as of August 2014
After ArcGIS 10.2 is installed then you can proceed to install the following software and activation in this order:
- ArcGIS for Windows Mobile 10.2
- Trimble Positions Desktop Add-In 10.2.2.1
- Run the Trimble Positions Desktop configuration: Click on Start/All Programs/Trimble/Trimble Positions Tools/Desktop Configuration. This will create a “Jet Database” to store project information.
- Launch ArcMap to verify that the Trimble Tool bar is active. If not then check under “Customize” Extensions. If the Trimble Positions Add-in Toolbar still will not work then see this blog post on the Trimble Positions Developers Blog: “Support for ArcGIS Desktop 10.2.1”
- See the Trimble Positions Developers Blog for a video on how to install the Trimble Positions software for ArcGIS 10.1/10.2 Standard or Advanced desktop.
- Trimble Positions for ArcMobile does not work with ArcGIS Basic license.
On the Trimble Windows Mobile 6.1 or 6.5 Device:
- Deploy ArcGIS for Windows Mobile 10.2 to the Trimble device (running WM 6.1 or 6.5).
- Install the Trimble Positions Mobile Project Manager (for Desktop) 10.2.0.2. This can be found also in the same install splash screen for Trimble Positions for Mobile download 10.2.0.2.
- Install Trimble Positions for Mobile 10.2.0.2 and then Activate the license. Activation of the license is done via the PC. Click on Start/All Programs/Trimble/Trimble Positions for Mobile Extension/Trimble Positions for Mobile Extension License Configuration.
*Once the install has completed on the Trimble device verify that the following are installed via Active Sync, Windows Mobile Device Center (from the PC) or on the device in Remove Programs:
- ESRI ArcGIS (for Windows Mobile 10.2) it will be at the top of the list
- Trimble GNSSServer
- Trimble Postilions Mobile Extentsion 10.2.0.2
The Proper Geoid files will need to be downloaded and copied to both the PC and the GPS unit:
- On the PC the Geoid file(s) will need to be copied to this directory: “C:ProgramDataTrimblePositions10.1GeoidFiles” in order to be used with the Trimble Positions Project Center in the ArcGIS Mobile Project Center. If this directory doesn’t exist then manually create it.
- On the GPS unit copy the Geoid file(s) to this directory: “My DocumentsPositions”. If the “Positions” folder doesn’t exist then manually create it.
- See the Trimble Positions Blog “Mean Sea Level Heights in Trimble Positions” for more details as where to download the proper Geoid file(s).
*There was not a new release of Trimble Positions for ArcPad 10.2.
**Trimble Positions 10.2.0.1 (from November 2013) for ArcPad 10.2 will work with the August 2014 Release of Trimble Positions Desktop Add-in 10.2.2.1. See the Trimble MGIS Compatibility List as of August 14 2014