New GNSS Firmware 4.96 for Trimble R1 GNSS Receiver
An updated GNSS Firmware was released for the R1 GNSS Receiver May 2015.
- Reduced charge time using wall charger from 5 hours to <3.5 hours.
- Significantly improved GNSS performance under canopy and near obstacles.
Steps to download and update the R1 GNSS Firmware 4.96:
- Download from here: R1 GNSS Firmware 4.96 and then click on Firmware.
- Click on Firmware v4.96 (May 2015). I will download directly to your “Downloads” folder on your PC.
- Plug in the USB Cable to your R1 and PC. *If your PC doesn’t find the “Device Driver” for R1 automatically then follow this steps: Verify that your computer has the latest updates and USB Drivers. Consult with your IT Staff if they need to download the latest “USB Drivers”. You can also search on the internet and download this USB Driver patch: CDM v2.12.00 WHQL Certified to resolve USB connection issues with your PC and the R1. Scroll down on this website and find the driver that matches your Operating System and Processor for your computer.
- Double click on “Trimble_R1_GNSS Receiver_Firmware_v4.96 exe” and then click Yes. If it doesn’t start-up then try again and right-click on “Trimble_R1_GNSS Receiver_Firmware_v4.96” and run as Administrator.
- Select the unit from the drop down list (it should be auto-detected).
- Click Next.
- The application will replace the firmware on the device with the new image. This will take approximately 5 minutes, during which time the progress bar will move and at times the lights on the unit will flash.
- Once the process has finished click Finish to close the Firmware Update Wizard.
- Delete any previous bluetooth connection with the R1 on your PC, Tablet, WM, Android or iOS device.
- Then make a new bluetooth connection to your R1.
- For more information about bluetooth pairing your R1 please see Support Note: “Pairing and connecting the Receiver to a device” under R1 Support Notes on the R1 GNSS Receiver website.