R2 GNSS Firmware Update as of May 2016
Trimble has just released the new R2 Firmware v 5.14. Trimble is encouraging all R2 users to up grade their R2 to this Firmware. Below is the following fixes or enhancements with this Firmware update:
- Performance enhancements when receiving RTX corrections via satellite in urban canyons
- Enhancements to multiple NMEA message types
- Leap Second updates
- Updates to the RTX beam support
- Correct the RTCM antenna serial number format, and correction for invalid antenna serial number characters
Please follow these directions to update the firmware on your R2.
- Connect to the R2 WiFi hotspot.
- From a browser, navigate to http://192.168.142.1/.
- Login to the device username: admin password: password.
- Navigate to the ‘Firmware’ tab using the navigation panel.
- Click ‘Choose File’ and browse to the cricketball_V514.timg file you downloaded to your PC.
- Click the ‘Install New Firmware’ button and wait for the process to complete. It goes through a few steps and the ‘percent done’ will increment to 100% at least three times.