Iowa DOT GNSS Base Stations – Updated in the Trimble Base Station Correction List
This includes the Base Station Lists in both Trimble GPS Pathfinder Office and Trimble Positions Desktop Add-in for ArcGIS.
A selected number of base stations “24” from the Iowa DOT base station Real-Time network were approved by NGS/CORS for post processing.
No it is not another Jack Bauer 24 mini series.
Trimble recently added these “24” base stations into the Trimble Base Station List for use in their Differential Correction Wizard.
Click on the map above to see more details about these base stations on the NGS/CORS website
- What this then means for Trimble users is MORE Base Stations to choose from for Differential Correction/Post Processing throughout Iowa!!
- To see and use these GNSS base stations during your Differential Correction “Post Processing” perform the following: Click on “Update List” before selecting your nearest GNSS Base station.
A reminder, if you are using a Trimble GNSS receiver that is capable of recording both GPS and GLONASS satellite data please be sure to do one of the following:
- In GPS Pathfinder Office, the column header with the “G” that then has an “*” in that column means that this particular base station is recording both GLONASS and GPS data. Click on “Update List”.
- In Trimble Positions Desktop Add-in (for Trimble Positions for ArcPad or TerraSync) for Differential Correction you can do something similar. Click on the “Check Box” to show “Only show base stations supporting GLONASS” which will filter out the GPS Only base stations from the list. Then click on “Update List”.
- An Internet connection is needed in order for the Trimble Base List to be updated.
- If you have any questions about this topic please let us now in the comments below.