Calibration of Sensors on the Geo 7X – why is this important?
The 2 main reasons to Calibrate the Sensors on the Geo 7x are:
1.If you need to use the Navigation functions with your GPS software
- The compass application may not provide consistent readings
- The directional arrow in your software may not move or update consistently
2.If you are using the Laser Rangefinder attachment for Offsets or Measuring:
- “Bearing” functionality: “Distance/Bearing”
- Measuring functionality: “Height or Width Routines” with the Laser.
See these links for more details on how and when to Calibrate the Sensors of the Geo 7X.
- Aligning the Laser and Camera
- Magnetic Declination issue – Get GPS location first before calibrating the Sensors
- Geo7X Sensor Calibration
- Geo7X Sensor Calibration Video
- Geo7X Technical Support website
- When Calibrating the sensors be sure to do this outside and away from any metal objects. Typically 15 to 30 feet away. Do not calibrate inside of your office or vehicle.
- See below a screen shot as to what can interfere with the Sensor on the Geo 7x in your working environment:
**Also, refer to a previous blog from February 2014 “Geo7 Laser Rangefinder Calibration and Tips for Proper Use” to learn more about the Sensors on the Geo 7X, Proper Use and When to Calibrate the Geo7X Sensors.