Geo 7x Firmware update released as of November 2017
Winter is fast approaching and that means for some us of that data collection season may be ending. This is the perfect time to update the Operating System and GNSS Firmware. Get your Geo 7x ready with Trimble’s latest OS release 6.7.18. Trimble is recommending that all Geo 7x handheld customers upgrade to this version. Below is a list of the enhancements.
Resolved issues and enhancements
The 6.7.18 operating system includes the following issue resolutions and functional enhancements:
•Improvements in AKU 126.96.36.199.51
–Fixed vulnerabilities in Windows CryptoAPI
–Fixed remote code execution vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer caused by object handling in memory
–Fixed ASLR security feature bypass vulnerability in Internet Explorer
–Fixed remote code execution vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer caused by vulnerabilities in the VBScript and JScript scripting engines
–Fixed vulnerability in SSL 3.0 Which could have allowed information disclosure
–40 time zones updated to accommodate changes as per April, May, and June 2016 DST updates
For users with earlier operating system versions, 6.7.18 will only be available as a FULL OS image. This means that
user-installed software, data, and settings are erased when installing the FULL OS image. Users should back up all important data prior to installing this version.
Updated GNSS firmware
The operating system version 6.7.18 includes GNSS firmware version 4.50.3
•Support for Zephyr 3 antenna types.
•GPS and RTK engines updates; updated GNSS & SBAS constellation definitions (EGNOS 123). (GIS firmware version only)
•RTX NMEA improvements (GIS firmware version only).
•General stability improvements and miscellaneous bug fixes.
**Recommendation: plug the power cord into the Geo 7x when upgrading Operating Systems.
1. Click on “GeoExplorer Series Downloads” on the Geo 7X Technical Support website
2. Click on Geo 7 Downloads
3. Click On Operating System Updates and Installers
4. Click on Geo 7X Operating System v6.7.18
- Please click on and download the Release Notes. Read the Release Notes before install the OS 6.7.18 onto the Geo 7x
- The Operating System 6.7.18 – FULL OS (99 MB) – Use this file to fully re-install the Operating System or upgrade a device to Operating System version 6.7.18. This firmware package is fully language provisioned, and also installs GNSS firmware verhttp://trl.trimble.com/dscgi/ds.py/Get/File-862263/Geo7Upg_64988_LP_CHT.CABsion 4.50.3. This OS also bundles the TerraFlex field client, and the Trimble Rangefinder utility. THIS “FULL OS” WILL WIPE THE GEO 7X CLEAN!!!! You will then need to reinstall any programs and copy data back to the Geo 7x after this FULL OS is complete.
- Please Note the version of your software(s) and locate your 27 digit installation code for re-installation after the OS/FW has updated the Geo 7X.
4. Copy the OS you are going to install from your PC to your Geo 7x’s main hard-drive via your USB connection.
5. Find the Geo 7x OS update on your Geo via “File Explorer/My Device” that is on your Geo 7x and then tap on OS Update with your stylus. **Recommendation: plug the power cord into the Geo 7x when upgrading Operating Systems.
6. Follow the onscreen prompts and the Geo 7x will reboot and give you a report if the installation was successful.